Your Memories 01

This is the place to discuss restaurants that the proprietor of this blog never went to and therefore cannot write about.  Comments about restaurants that are open and operating are discouraged.

407 Responses to Your Memories 01

• Bob Millard says:

What ever happened toTodd’s Restaurant on Topanga Canyon in the early 1980s and who owned it?

In the ’60s there was a piano bar singer named Stan Worth (I think). He was touted by the radio team of Lohman & Barkley (again, I think). But I do know the venue was a free standing restaurant at the west end of the Farmer’s Market parking lot. I never ate there, but I did imbibe and listen several times. Please name that venue. A name comes to me, hazily, but I’m not writing it because I don’ want confirmation bias.

• Tori says:

The Magic Pan in the Promenade is another favorite that closed down. Used to work as a cook in kitchen and crepe girl in 70s.
    Chicago Pizza Works in Chatsworth and Beverly Hills had great thick crust and was owned by two owners from San Francisco.
    After hours jazz club in Beverly Hills, open from midnight to 6 am served several kinds of omelettes. Willie Bobo played once.
    So many great places that closed down.

• Tori says:

Does anyone remember Robaire’s on Ventura Blvd. in Woodland Hills? It was across the street from Holiday Inn and had the best scalloped potatoes. Owner was very friendly and talked with everyone. Pappion, Auberge, and La Frite were French restaurants on Ventura that also closed down.

• Mary says:

There was a restaurant on La Cienaga *sp*, that had a medium(?) gauge model railroad train that ran around above the customers. Does anyone remember what the name of the restaurant was?

I’d heard of Clifton’s Cafeteria during my college days, but I guess “cafeteria” style dining was not a thing we Guys did when the frat kitchen was closed on weekends…geesh the cook had padlocks on “her” fridge and cabinets…LOL Ooops, Rand’s (All-ya-can-eat) Round-up with its Cowboy Chuck Wagon style of serving meats, was an exception…LOL https://tinyurl.com/y7s5n3s2
    Anyway, here is a vid of the origins of Clifton’s which includes a tour inside paying tribute to this downtown Classic eatery… https://tinyurl.com/ybqdtml6

• howard koor says:

OK, this is a sampling of some places that I went to from 1978-1990 or so. The Pantry located Downtown (24 hours a day open). The Apple Pan on the west side. Tommy’s burgers. Pinks. Kerry’s coffee shop in the valley. Cucina on Melrose Avenue (one of my favorites). The Great Greek in Sherman Oaks (fun). Stratton’s Grille in Westwood. So many more. Thank you.